S-miles - Special Miles is a specialized inclusive center, founded in January 2011, and includes individuals between 3 and 25 years of age, with and without learning difficulties and mild special needs.
S-miles center offers early detection & intervention for nurseries, academic programs (tutoring & intervention), life skills, consultancy for nurseries, schools and parents, research based extra-curricular activities and individualized therapies, through hands-on multi-sensory experiences.
The approach and techniques adopted by S-miles are what makes it unique and innovative.
We emphasize on the holistic development of each person including moral, intellectual, social, emotional, physical development and well‐being.
We are also dedicated towards increasing awareness among parents and society as a whole.
To give individuals with and without learning difficulties and mild special needs the opportunity to nurture and blossom their mental and physical abilities in order to progress and excel in life.
To become a renowned key player of the local and regional special education sector, and to provide premium inventive skills and techniques; while bringing together the power of knowledge & expertise with our passion and devotion for the inclusion of special individuals.
The innovative life preparatory environment, opportunities and experiences that we provide will affect people on individual basis as well as communities and the region to develop and prosper.
We believe that every individual with special needs has the right to receive appropriate care without labeling, in an inclusive setting where he/she develops feelings of security and confidence in order to merge and progress within the society.
Cases Enrolled at S-miles:
Special Needs is a term used to describe different categories of individuals who require extra assistance and special care in regards to a physical, cognitive, mental, emotional, behavioral, or/and social difficulty.
Learning Difficulty is a term used to describe different areas of functioning in which an individual has difficulty learning in a typical manner, usually caused by an unidentified factor or factors.
What are learning difficulties?
- NOT a problem with intelligence or motivation.
- In fact, most are just as smart as everyone else.
- Simply, people with learning difficulties’ brains are wired differently. This difference affects how they receive and process information.
- Children and adults with learning difficulties see, hear, and understand things differently. This can lead to trouble with learning new information and skills, and putting them to use.
Individuals with learning difficulties CAN and DO succeed
Special Miles center caters to the following cases:
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) /ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder)
- All types of Learning Difficulties (LD) Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, and Dyspraxia
- Auditory Processing Disorder, Visual Processing Disorder, Slow Learners, etc.
- Speech and Language Impairments
- Emotional or/and Behavioral Disorders
- Intellectual Disability
- Communication Disorders
- Genetic Disorders / Syndromes
- Developmental Delays
- Hearing, Visual, & Health impairment
- Sensory Difficulties
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Co-morbidity Difficulties /Multiple Disabilities